LAUC-B Spring 2020 Assembly
April 22, 2020
1:00-1:20 pm. Business meeting
New LAUC-B members (N. Shiraishi)
- New Librarians
- Natalia Estrada, Political Science & Public Policy Librarian
- Jennifer Brown, Undergraduate Learning and Research Librarian
- Kristie Chamorro, Instructional & Educational Technology Librarian, Law Library
Treasurer's report (J. He)
- This year we have spent conservatively.
- Operating budget came through in April.
- Current budget is $64,991.74
Diversity Task Force report (R. Collins)
- Currently in research phase of library programs around diversity, diversity fellows, recruiting for diversity.
- Researching laws, similar existing programs, job descriptions.
- Developing outline of final report.
Diversity Committee (C. Fidler and M. Hamed)
- Critical Librarian Reading Group will probably meet online
- Some Spring activities are postponed.
- More details can be found in the committee's full report.
CAPA report (E. Smith)
- Due to the COVID-19 emergency, CAPA has temporarily moved to an online process for reviewing portfolios.
- CAPA plans to finish the reviews on time.
LAUC-B Election (S. Teplitzky)
- Chair: Ramona Collins
- Vice chair/Chair-elect: Susan McElrath
- Secretary: Sherry Lochhaas
- Treasurer: Jianye He
- Library Representative: Anna Sackmann, Tim Vollmer
- Incoming Affiliated Library Representative/CALA vice chair: Joe Cera
- Further nominations were opened to the floor. No additional nominations were given. Nominations closed.
- Ballots will be distributed online on May 16th.
1:20-1:50 pm. Breakout Discussions: How can LAUC-B support its members during the Library closure?
Breakout Discussions (25 min.)
- Librarians met in small groups to discuss question.
Report (5 min.)
- Short discussion, with groups contributing their additional comments to a shared Google Doc.
1:50pm-2:30pm. Presentation: "The (Changing) Data Landscape of COVID-19" by Ann Glusker
- Ann spoke on critically evaluating a range of data sources on the COVID-19 epidemic.